14 January 2011

2011 - 52 Projects in 52 Weeks Challenge: Week 2

Week 2 Challenge - Complete!

If you know me, you know I am a huge Amy Butler fan. I love, love, love to create products using her beautiful fabrics. I have a stash of fabrics from her Belle line that I can't even bear to cut into because I know I cannot get any of them ever again! I have made hundreds of items from her Belle, Midwest Modern and Midwest Modern II prints. I was so excited when I found out she had a new line being produced, but when I first got it, I have to admit that I did not love it as much as the previous lines. Nevertheless, I was determined to combine them into a quilt top, and I am so glad I did - I really LOVE the result!

Here's a closer look at the fabrics in this line:





I settled on a simple patch design using 6.5" squares, then bordered it in 2 of my favorite prints from the line. I can't wait to quilt this - it is just begging to be snuggled (though it looks FABULOUS hanging on my wall too):



Until next week - Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment